BSM Global’s clients span the world, and this is true of our clients in the agriculture industry. Our ability to help mitigate risk, add value and enable operational agility has attracted agriculture companies of all sizes, from SME to global giants.
Every company is unique, and you will receive the specialised solutions that suit your needs. Here is a brief overview of some of the ways BSM Global can assist you, from farm gate to buyers’ doors.
Global Trade Management for Agriculture
If you are an agriculture producer, trader or service provider, then BSM has value for you. BSM Global provides cloud-based solutions and services tailored to assist executing trade & compliance, and driving process improvement across the supply chain. Our solutions can assist with:
- Information management and continuous improvement
- Visibility & Automation
- Trade Compliance
- Trade Execution
- Trade Documentation
- Deal Sheets
- Contract Management
- Storage & Handling
- Foreign Exchange
When you work with BSM Global you will be connected with a Specialist Agriculture Consultant. On the technical front, you will receive professional implementation, user training, ongoing support and assistance — plus a free annual health check.
Some of the highlights you can expect from BSM Agriculture Export include:
- Cloud-based 24/7 secured access via any device
- No software installation required
- Functionally rich applications
- Ability to customise solutions
- Alignment to local & international industry terms:
- GTA | GAFTA | DCT
- Ability to capture critical supply chain events
- High level of business process automation
Timely and Cost-Effective Implementation
Should you pursue our agriculture exporting solution, you can expect quick implementation, which is delivered in 5 key phases.
Project Planning & Kick Off — In this initial phase, our Agriculture Trade Consultant will provide a project overview, including its scope, budget, timelines and deliverables, and review key business objectives.
Configuration and Development — In this second phase, we get all the necessary parts into place and tackle the following: Interface system requirements; profile, contract and order management; shipment planning and execution; commercial documentation; compliance and reporting; tariff management
Training & Testing — To ensure everything is working properly, we provide comprehensive user training, user acceptance testing and run through common transaction scenarios.
Go Live & Hypercare — At this penultimate stage, your system is fully operational with 24/7 support provided during the Hypercare period to ensure the smooth functioning of your application.
Post Implementation — After the Hypercare period, BSM will provide a detailed wrap-up of your project and transition you toward a continuous improvement plan where a dedicated account manager will be on hand to assist your enquiries.
We assist agriculture companies of all sizes transact and scale their business to quickly shifting global markets and trends include:
- Contract of Purchase
- Contract of Sale
- Order Management
- Shipment Planning
- Storage & Handling
- Government Compliance
- Certificate of Origin
- Letters of Credit
- Bulk Vessel Management
- Container Inspections
- And so much more
The BSM Difference
Agriculture companies use our cloud-based system to seamlessly exchange, create, interpret and share end-to-end data across their global supply chain.
We provide integration directly with:
- ERPs, Industry-Based Systems | Lab Inspection Partners | Transporters | Packers | Ports | Customs | Global Carriers | Forwarders | Banks and Chamber of Commerce
- Government and regulatory compliance requirements such as Customs Clearance, Phyto Certs, PEMS. For more information, please contact your local BSM office.
No manual data entry required — electronically sent back to BSM and linked to related shipment
- Carrier bookings
- Vessel detail, booking reference, empty park info
- Container management
- Pack planning, containers, seals, weights, packed date
- Carrier rates
- Uploaded link to shipment for accruals and invoice validation
- Obtain phytosanitary certificates electronically
- Lab inspection results
- Received and validated against contract of sale
- Empty container and goods inspections
- to PEMS with linked Order and RFP Detail
Prior to implementing BSM export documentation and operations system was predominately paper based. This resulted in double handling of information, excess archiving requirements and restricted visibility of day-to-day operations.
Since implementing BSM we’ve experienced greater transparency of day-to-day operations, a 92% reduction in paper usage and significant improvements though streamlining all our export processes. BSM’s interface being accessible by phone, tablet and computer has provided greater flexibility and enables me to access information easily and remotely.
We look forward to continued development with BSM as the improvements we’ve experienced so far have been substantial.